Friday, October 24, 2014

Frugal Friday 10/24/14--Crafts as Gifts

This week I'm going to continue to share crocheted gifts that I have given.

I started crocheting these cotton washcloths/dishcloths several years ago.  They have been a common gift for the women over the years.

Last year I gave making crochet topped towels a try.  They came out really well.   I still have lots of towels since you only use half of the towel to make each one.  I wonder who would like another one this year?   I didn't have a pattern.  I just took the one that I own and made my best guess.

I had won this cookbook in a raffle at the grandkids' elementary school.  I knew I wanted to give it to my sister-in-law for Christmas.  That gave me the idea to also crochet her 2 of the double thick hotpads and then make her the matching coasters and cross magnet with plasttic canvas.
Not sure why I thought they needed to match the cookbook, but they did.


I'm going to go off the track of the crochet now and show you a latest project.  I was approached by the PR firm for wholesaleforeveryone.com and asked to make Trick-Or-Treat bags with some of their Halloween-Themed Bandanas
 
I did one post with the giveaway, but want you to be on the look out tomorrow when I will put up a tutorial with step-by-step pictures of how to make the bags.

These are gifts too.  A bag for each of my 9 grandchildren that live in town.







2 comments:

  1. I love giving--and getting!--hand-crafted gifts! And I love the kitchen towels you made! Very clever, and so useful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your handmade gifts along with the cookbook for your SIL are perfect, I think. And, of course, I do like the bandana trick or treat bags for the grandkids!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...