Sunday, October 26, 2014

Super Sunday Reviews--…Featuring Norah Jones album review

...Featuring is a star-studded collection of Norah Jones' collaborations spanning her entire career. The result serves as a kind of parallel history to her four albums, which have sold over 40 million copies worldwide.

"A lot of the people on this record are people I've worshiped since I was a kid, and some of them are younger and more my contemporaries," says Norah. "Even though the musicians are so varied, the vibe of the songs makes sense when we put them all together."

** This information was provided to me as part of my review.**

My Review
The back of the CD case reads: “Recorded from 2001 to 2010, the cameos, duets and collaborations on this compilation span the musical spectrum and show Norah Jones to be one of the decade’s most diverse musical connections.”

Wow! Is this an under statement in my mind as I listened to the CD. There are so many genres of music on this cd from country to rock to jazz to rap and more!

If you enjoy a variety of music, you will want to add this CD to your collection. One CD about covers it all.

As a family we had fun listening to the album. Some of us enjoy country, some jazz, some rap…some a little bit of it all. My 2 favorite songs on the album are tracks 9 and 10–Life is Better (Q-Tip featuring Norah Jones) and Soon the New Day (Talib Kweli featuring Norah Jones)

Others you will find her singing with are Charlie Hunter, Dolly Parton, Foo Fighters, Willie Nelson and more. ***See the complete track list below***




Track Listing
1. Love Me - The Little Willies
2. Virginia Moon - The Foo Fighters featuring Norah Jones
3. Turn Them - Sean Bones featuring Norah Jones
4. Baby It’s Cold Outside - Willie Nelson featuring Norah Jones
5. Bull Rider - Norah Jones and Sasha Dobson
6. Ruler Of My Heart - Dirty Dozen Brass Band featuring Norah Jones
7. The Best Part - El Madmo
8. Take Off Your Cool - OutKast featuring Norah Jones
9. Life Is Better - Q-Tip featuring Norah Jones
10. Soon The New Day - Talib Kweli featuring Norah Jones
11. Little Lou, Prophet Jack, Ugly John - Belle & Sebastian featuring Norah Jones
12. Here We Go Again - Ray Charles featuring Norah Jones
13. Loretta - Norah Jones featuring Gillian Welch and David Rawlings
14. Dear John - Ryan Adams featuring Norah Jones
15. Creepin’ In - Norah Jones featuring Dolly Parton
16. Court & Spark - Herbie Hancock featuring Norah Jones
17. More Than This - Charlie Hunter featuring Norah Jones
18. Blue Bayou - Norah Jones featuring M. Ward





Find Norah Jones----

Official website http://www.norahjones.com/index.php
Facebook Fan Page http://www.facebook.com/norahjones?sk=wall
Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/NorahJones
Youtube http://www.youtube.com/norahjones





Disclosure: I was not compensated for this review. Opinions in my review are my own. I received the album from One2One Network where I was placed into a gift card drawing for my review.




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...