Wednesday, August 13, 2014

WIP Wednesday 8/13/14

Hello all!
I feel like I've been pretty productive this week.
I finished the hexagon table topper.  I sewed up 3 of the lined fabric bags.

I worked on my green hexagons for the soscrappy challenge:
At sit n' sew at the quilt shop Friday night I got all of the lines sewn on the 34 hotpads and a start on pinning the wrap around binding.

Yesterday was sewing club at church.  I finished sewing the blocks in to 2 pieces but didn't have time to finish ironing those out.  My grandson, who you see in the picture, helped me do some of the ironing while I was sewing.  He's just learning how to sew.  (He used some of the pieces I didn't need and sewed together a Barbie blanket and 2 pillows and a pouch for them for her birthday today)
A took this picture of progress I was making on a start of a new toothbrush rug made with selvage and other thin strips of fabric.  It was looking so cute and the right size for a doll rug.  I ended up deciding that was what it was going to be and finished it after taking the picture.  I'm now working on 2 more of them for part of my birthday gifts to 3 granddaughters who all have birthdays this month.

So there you have it, my sewing week in review  :)

Here is my current UFO list: (sewing, not rug making)
Rectangle quilt
challenge wall hanging
GoodNight Irene quilt/wall hanging
Yo-Yo Table runner
Hexagon table topper
Emerald Island Fusique table runner
Sunflower table runner and matching placemats
Five and Dime quilt
34 Hot Pads
Christmas bags (total of at least 25)(1 done)

I am linking up with the following blogs:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedWIPs on Wednesdays
Soscrppy


3 comments:

  1. That little rug is so cute. I really want to make one some day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see a young man at the sewing machine, Good luck with all those hot pads are they for a fundraiser??????? Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the colors in your hexie blocks. That green is divine.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...