Friday, August 15, 2014

Frugal Friday with Marsha 8/15/14



Happy Friday!
The kids started back to school here on Wednesday. We took them on Monday to the agency called First Call For Help for free backpacks and supplies.
On the way out the door they told us to take a bag of food, 1 per family. Then she told us since we had a big family to take 2 bags.
That was sure a blessing as those bags contained cookies, chips, crackers, candy, protein bars, and 3 packages of summer sausage. That helped us with 2 lunches!

Hubby was patient with me as we coupon shopped together. It was wonderful to do that again. We saved $33.33 with coupons. So many of the things that were on our list already were on sale and with matching coupons.
Besides saving the $33.33 with coupons I will get back .50 from checkout51, get $3.06 back from savingstar, earn 30 swagbucks for coupons I printed and used, and scanned the receipt into receipthog for points for the receipt as well as bonus points for scanning over half of what we bought.
I love it!!

So far I've been at least able to cut and put a few more of my coupons into my binder each day. As long as I can keep it up then I will be in good shape.
The Smart Source coupon insert is back in our newspaper. Woo Hoo! That's been a long time coming. This means that if there are several good coupons, I can go to the news office on Monday morning and buy 5 Sunday papers for just $6 to get extras of what we can use.

How has your week been?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...