Thursday, August 14, 2014

Squidoo Hopping 8/14/14



Another week has gone by and more squidooing to be done.
Payday added to my reserve hopper about the same as the month before.
I know it will be at least September before I will see a difference from my updating each day. October will show my efforts even stronger. I'm anxious.
What I'm lacking is sharing my lenses through the many social networking sites. I've been trying to do better with that this month.

I've been struggling to figure out how to update what they call the lenslets. With only so many modules available to put in it's not easy for me.
My thoughts are changing out an amazon product.....adding info into the intro on the charity that a portion of the earnings are donated to.....adding photos where appropriate to a gallery.
If you have any other suggestions please let me know.
I've not messed with them enough yet to know if we can put things in the side since the lenslets now appear to look just like the other lenses when opened.

I'm going to continue to add 2 of my lenses to the weekly linky that are just below the 85,000 rank. It's exciting as each week I have to scroll further down my lens list to get to those!



3 comments:

  1. Best advice I can give for updating Product Review format lenses on Squidoo is to check that your tags are strong and edit content, rewriting to strengthen if need be.

    I've blogged at abitosunshine with your hop this week, Marsha! Linked up and also linked up my latest Squidoo lens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog you have here, enjoyed reading it.
    Yes it's not very easy to earn on Squidoo now.
    About the lenslets. I just change a Amazon product and update it it seems to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you hear...Squidoo is ending! It's been acquired by HubPages. Featured lenses will be moved to HubPages, and we'll have a "grace period" to make them fit HubPages rules (which are more strict on things like outbound links and commercial content than Squidoo, or so I've heard). Unfeatured lenses will mostly be deleted. As of August 22 we won't be able to edit our lenses anymore. We have until August 29th if we decide we don't want them transferred to opt out of that. After that the lenses will be transferred and then Squidoo will shut down in October.

    I hope you'll keep this meme going a few more weeks though...or maybe leave up one last Squidoo meme with a long expiration date so that we can post where our new lenses are going. I'll be moving most of mine to my blog or website but may transfer a few to see how Hubpages is.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...