Wednesday, July 16, 2014

WIP Wednesday 7/16/14

I have tried to stay steadily busy throughout the week working on my sewing and quilting.  As always I have several projects all going at the same time with more waiting in the wings.

I have my version of a five and dime quilt started now.  The 10 inch squares are all cut.   I hope this week to get some sewing done on them.  This is my first time trying this method but when Lynne Hagmeier did the program at our guild I wanted to try her method of sewing on top.
I'm not using the Kansas Troubles fabrics as you can tell.
I'm using plain colored fabrics that were given to me by a friend.  The charm pack that I chose to buy is 30's Playtime and I bought it with a gift certificate from the quilt shop that I won in my stitch group.

I finally have gotten out the hexagon table topper and am working to hand stitch it to the backing.  I'm not putting a center in this one.

I'm still working with red on my hexagons as this month's color in the soscrappy blog color challenge.
They are moving along nicely working on them just a bit each day.  I have 2 hours of needlers group this afternoon that will progress them more today.

I did finish putting on the binding on the scrappy table runner and now have it listed in my etsy shop.
I'm now working little by little to sew down the binding on the sunflower table runner and then get the placemats done too.
Speaking of my etsy shop, it's also a WIP as I am working to 'get back in to business'.  I've listed 2 new items and have chosen to relist several to fill the shop up some.  I'm even working on my Marsha's Spot of ETSY squidoo lens to get it back up to date as well!

Last, but not least, this week I bought a few yards of insulbrite and got more work done on these 34 hot pads.  Excuse my grandson's foot in the photo.  He just turned 13 and thinks he's quite the comedian  LOL   I've had the tops made for awhile, extra blocks from quilt tops that are the right size for hot pads.  These haven't been on my WIP list, but they are now added (as you will see on my lists below)
I am going to back all of these with the same polka dot fabric that I am backing the table topper above with.
Some will be listed in my etsy shop in sets of 2 and others will be put back and given out at Christmas time.

I'm still reading a little each day in The Cross-Country Quilters.  Reading doesn't find time in my daily life as it should, but I'm officially half way done with the book now.   It's so good and I look forward to reading more.

UFO's:
(finished) Log Cabin quilt
 (finished)Log Cabin wall hanging
(finished) Log cabin table runner
Rectangle quilt
(finished) 2 rectangle table runners
challenge wall hanging
GoodNight Irene quilt/wall hanging
(finished) Quilt for sewing club at church
 (Finished) Applique Bunnies quilt
 (Finished) Penny Patch Quilt
Yo-Yo Table runner
Hexagon table topper
(Finished) Spoolin' Around
Emerald Island Fusique table runner
Sunflower table runner and matching placemats
Five and Dime quilt
34 Hot Pads

NewFO's
Spiderweb quilt
Easter wall hanging
Cat wall hanging
Christmas bags (total of at least 25)
Braid table runner
Sunflower pillow
Christmas wall hanging





There you have it for this week!    I am linking up with the following blogs:
Soscrppy
WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedWIPs on Wednesdays



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...