Friday, July 18, 2014

Frugal Friday with Marsha 7/18/14



I hope this finds that everyone has had a good week.
It's been cooler here in Kansas. It's only been in the 70's this week, which is sure strange for July.

Hubby's been on vacation this week. I would like to say that we were frugal and stayed home, but really we stayed home because we made no plans and didn't save any money to go anywhere!
He's been really working hard in the yard doing things that should always be kept up to begin with.
I can't say that I've done much.

I did pull a few small cucumbers from the garden yesterday. That was a pleasant surprise to find them. One of these years I just might get this gardening thing and actually be able to grow enough that we would no longer need to buy fruits and veggies from the store.

Otherwise from the garden we've only gotten a few strawberries that we ate right away and a couple of tomatoes. I bought what was labeled as bell peppers but they aren't. They are some sort of super hot pepper. I don't know what kind. I noticed that one of them is turning red now. I have no idea what I'm to do with them.
We did pick lots of snap peas and if I can figure out where I put the rest of those 'seeds', I can plant more like I did last year.
We did cut lettuce and spinach a few times, but not I've allowed it all to go to seed. I think I could still cut leaves.
The overwinter onions aren't the same as regular onions, again, I'm not sure how to use them. I have bags of them cut up in the freezer. I've cooked some of it with ground meat several times. I used the greens in potato soup. There are still lots of onions out there. I've given away quite a few of them to others who can replant the tops and get their own started.
I have wild garlic, but again, I'm not sure how to use it.
Looks like I really should start taking the time to do some research!

When I list is out like that, it doesn't seem like we've done too bad, but really it's not that much.

Thanks to those of you who linked up last week. I hope to see some links this week as well.



1 comment:

  1. Our tomatoes are just starting to grow on the vine, and my cucumbr and squash seem to be coming along but my peppers are growing really slow.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...