Wednesday, March 26, 2014

WIP Wednesday 3/26/14

I didn't end up doing a WIP post last week.  I hadn't done anything except work on the race car quilt for my special order.  I finished the last of sewing on the binding at my Needlers group last Wednesday.
I just chose not to post since that was the only thing I could have taken a picture of for the week.

Since I didn't take that picture, I will include a picture of my daughter holding up the finished quilt.

Since then I did work on my yo-yo's a bit.  I finished making yo-yo's with the bit of fabric still left in my box.  Since I didn't add any more to my table runner, I chose not to take a picture.

Then I've been working hexagons, hexagons and more hexagons.  I knew there were hundreds of them pre-cut in my little box.   Let's try thousands....just over 2000 of them pre-cut!
I first was just sewing on them, then I decided to sort them.
I have 10 piles of 9 sets that will become flowers, plus a few more sets.
I have 3 stacks that will be used to make things like the table topper that you see in the picture that I am working on.
You can see what I have made, plus the ones that I have the cardstock pinned on to sew.


I didn't start working on my March Goodnight Sew Along until yesterday evening finally.
I sewed for hours but didn't get my 3rd row done.   I decided to work mostly on getting squares together for the 16 patch blocks instead.
Hopefully by next week I will not only have March's row done, but also Aprils 4th row on as well.
I took a picture to represent that I am at least working on it.


You can find out more about the Goodnight Irene Sew A Long by clicking the button to the right.
I have yet to do posts on my 2014 finished projects yet for the UFO/NewFO challenge.  That button is also on the right.

Here are my lists:
UFO's:
Log Cabin quilt
Log Cabin wall hanging
Log cabin table runner
Rectangle quilt
2 rectangle table runners (one done)
challenge wall hanging
GoodNight Irene quilt/wall hanging
Quilt for sewing club at church
 (Finished) Applique Bunnies quilt
 (Finished) Penny Patch Quilt
Yo-Yo Table runner
Hexagon table topper
(Finished) Spoolin' Around

NewFO's
Sunflower table runner and matching placemats
Spiderweb quilt
Easter wall hanging
Cat wall hanging
Christmas bags (total of at least 25)

I am linking up with the following blogs:

WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedWIPs on Wednesdays

6 comments:

  1. I love all your hexies -- those are such fun to stitch. Can't wait to see your Goodnight Irene take shape! Visiting from the link up at Esther's blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Look at all those hexagons! So much work - but by the looks of that pile and the ones that are sewn together it will be well worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the scrappy feel of your hexagons. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what kind of sewing machine do you have? I just got a brother for my birthday

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have lots of colourful hexies on the go. They are quite fun aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your hexies, I do have a soft spot for them. It really looks like you have your WIP list under control!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...