Friday, March 28, 2014

Frugal Friday with Marsha 3/28/14



It's hard to believe that March is almost over. A month ago today I was off to a weekend quilting retreat. It was here in town at a building at our state fairgrounds. It was my first retreat and I hope more to come.
I'm still kind of reeling from spending the $75 to go but I know it was important for me to get away from it all for a bit. I had a great time, completed 2 projects, and came home with $69 retail in prizes and goodies too. Of course we also were fed all of our meals and snacks.

This has felt like a rough week. There has been NO money to spend. Yesterday I did get in a $12 check for doing surveys and was able to buy milk. I'm expecting a paycheck in the mail today from my merchandising job.
I have a smallish list made out of essentials.
I'm actually going to shop at Aldi where I know that items are cheaper. I need to make shopping there a habit since I can't keep up with my coupons, and it's rare to have a coupon for milk, eggs, etc anyway.

Speaking of coupons.....I've not cut out the coupons from the Sunday papers for 4 weeks now! I'm having a hard time working that back in to my routines.
I've looked through them and taken out ones that I wanted to use right away. I have used coupons that I've printed from the internet too.
Not saving much this way.

I'm still reading Lean Body, Fat Wallet: Discover the Powerful Connection to Help You Lose Weight, Dump Debt, and Save Money It's such a good book and I highly recommend it. I'm working more on the health part and changing my diet....next comes exercise.
I still need to get my husband on board on the wealth part of the book since he is the main money earner and bill payer.


Motivate me!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...