Wednesday, January 22, 2014

WIP Wednesday 1/22/14

That saying about food where you say "my eyes were bigger than my stomach" is true for my sewing in that my brain always thinks I can get more done than I really can. 

I had hoped to get 2 strips on my log cabin blocks and then get those all squared up.  Not fast when I am doing 92 of the at a time. 
Here is where I ended last night:
I finished the machine quilting around all of my bunnies and this is the layout I have chosen to sew them together.
I have one row put together:
It's not going to be a very large quilt but it's going to make a great child's quilt or lap quilt for sure.

I had intended to make my other 3 blocks for the Goodnight Irene sew along but didn't get that far.
I also had intended to get my fabrics cut for our quilt guild work day on Monday.   I must get those done next to be ready for Monday.  Our community service project this year is making lined bags for the Domestic Violence Center.

I think I have done more sewing already in 2014 than I did all of 2013 and it's feeling great!

I am linking up with the following blogs:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedWIPs on Wednesdays


4 comments:

  1. That's fantastic! I absolutely love the bunny quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!! I'm almost inspired to start another quilt! Maybe I'll work my way in slow and do some crocheting first! Great job on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are cute! And I seem to have that same problem with my sewing. It seems like I should be able to get it all done... but not enough hours in my day to accomplish it all. Oh well, it is exciting to plan and try!! Have a tote and Bible cover to get done this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m incredibly impressed by the amount of work you did get done. My mother, aunt and sister all quilt and that’s pretty impressive. I want to create a block quilt one day, but I am NOT very crafty when it comes to sewing. The one project my Grandma and I did together ended up pretty bad. She was teaching me to make a simple pair of shorts. I sewed them together backward. Maybe I will try again someday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...