Wednesday, January 9, 2013

WIP Wednesday--Rug and Coasters

That's about all I've worked on since the 1st of the year-----a toothbrush rug that I had started months ago.   I am getting pretty close now to getting it finished and itching to get my materials sorted to start another one.
This one is made with flannel strips.
The other thing is coasters.  I found in my stash this huge ball of yarn.  I mean huge!   My first thought was to make hot pads with matching coasters, but then I thought maybe the sparkly type yarn just wouldn't do well for hot pads.  I decided that instead I would make as many coasters as I can out of it.  I have quite the stash of plastic canvas sheets, so this should go well.  
I have one set listed in my etsy shop, but will have these listed in sets of 4, 6 and 8.
I have 8 of them made so far:
I have a load of different projects that I want to get started on as well as still quite a lot of UFO's waiting to be finished.  Nothing new here!

Yesterday was sewing club at church.  I have all of the smaller squares finished now.  If I don't start finding at least a little time each week to work on this quilt at home it's going to take me well over a year just to get the top done.
I have been blessed in the past month or so with gifts of fabric.   One gal who works at the quilt shop has given me 3 bags of fabric.  Then the quilt shop gave me all of the fabric shown in the photo below.  A man donated it to the shop--his wife has passed away and it was hers.  How nice of him, but the quilt shop doesn't work with things like this, so they thought of me.  Part of what you see in the photo will be made in to pillow cases to be given to the foster care agency.  I'm sure some will be made into quilts for church.  I have plans of making doll quilts with the tin of 2 inch squares.
What will next week bring?  For one thing, it's brings a week of vacation for my husband.  We only plan a 1 day trip this vacation.


I am linking up with the following blogs:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
 



6 comments:

  1. You are such a busy lady, when do you sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to use up scrap yarn to make the coasters! Love those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, where do you find the time? They look very nice. I wish I was so talented to quilt and such. Maybe some day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, the toothbrush rug is cool. I'd love to see step-by-step directions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of the coasters, the design is lovely. I bet its so relaxing sewing away x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the coasters! I think the color scheme makes it even better :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...