Friday, January 11, 2013

Frugal Friday With Marsha (linky included)



How has your week been?   I'm still doing pretty well with my goals.  I've been able to at least put a few things in their proper places every day.  It's a nice feeling as I look around and the house is looking a little better each day.

My mom thinks that if you are poor you think you need to surround yourself with stuff to make yourself feeler richer.  I honestly don't believe that at all.  (She's justifying herself because she's a hoarder  LOL)  I know that I will feel much richer (and saner) when everything has a place and everything is in that place....and excess is gone. My saying is less is more.

I was able to make a couple of good coupon shopping trips this past week.  I averaged savings of  72%.   Here is a photo of one of the trips where I spent $20.24---had a coupon savings of $51.99 and a savings of 79%:




Lastly today I am sharing ways to use shaving cream from the 99 Cent Solutions book:
1.   Shave away the stain.  This works for fresh stains on your carpet.  Blot up as much as you can then shoot the stain with  a blob of non-gel shaving cream.  Wipe the shaving cream and the stain away with a damp sponge or cloth.

2.  Color be gone.  Spray shaving cream on crayon markings on your wall.  Scrub it off with a toothbrush or scrub brush.

3.  Stop soap scum.  Spray shaving cream onto your glass shower doors, then wipe it off with a dry cloth.  As a bonus, the thin film created will prevent the doors from fogging over too.

4.  Cut through the fog.  Occasionally clean your glasses with white foamy shave cream.  The thin film will repel water and fog.  This will work on your cars windshield too.

5.  Still with your glasses--if you accidentally spray your glasses with hairspray, just rub the lenses and frames with shave cream and wipe is all off with a clean cloth.



 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...