Friday, January 25, 2013

Frugal Friday With Marsha 1/25/13



I can't believe we are already to Friday again.
It's been a week of scrimping money-wise because of going out of town, eating out, etc last week during vacation. It was worth it though!

I made one last trip with what money we had for a coupon shopping trip. I spent $16.16. I only saved 63%, but I am happy with what I got for the $16.16:

Here is the photo from my shopping last Friday--Spent $6.99 and a savings of 85%:

Saturday's shopping I spent $21.87 (ouch!) and had a 66% savings:

You can look at the photos though and know that no one was starving here. Steve had brought 4 loaves of bread from work. He also went to the store and bought us fresh fruits for the week and Dr. Pepper. He used my catalina's and the remainder of his gift card to buy the Dr. Pepper. I hate to say what he spent on the fruit, but will say it was wonderful to have fresh fruit on the table all week!



Hubby and I worked together on Saturday on cleaning the house. Mostly I was sending him to the trash or out to the garage or to the basement to put things away. He did get the living room floor cleared and vacuumed for me. It's nice to look behind me and not see this one particular pile of junk that I had been seeing for a few months.
We still have lots of things to look through. We discussed the boxes and drawers that haven't been even looked in since we moved in here almost 2 years ago.

This weekend my main goal is the clutter around my desk.


This week I am sharing ways to use bar soap from the 99 Cent Solutions book:

1. Wash away your door troubles. If you have a wooden door that swells, rub down the edges with a bar of soap. It should then open and close with ease.

2. Fix that zipper. If you have a zipper that's not going up and down easily, rub a bar of soap on the teeth.

3. A run in your pantyhose and no nail polish on hand? You can rub a web bar of soap or a bit of liquid soap on the run. Once it dries the run will stop.

4. Thread tangling in your needle? Run your thread over a bar of soap before sewing and it will make tangles and knots easier to unravel.




5 comments:

  1. Good tips and good shopping expedition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting Bridgit's Bell and for your nice comments.
    Your blog certainly has a lot of practical, useful information!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your an awesome shopper! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tip about the pantyhose. Never heard that one before. Great deals, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for another excellent post. The place else may anybody get that type of information in such a perfect
    way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I'm at the look for such information. free dating sites
    Also visit my weblog ... oasis dating

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...