Wednesday, January 23, 2013

WIP Wednesday--Guild Challenge

Hubby was on vacation last week.  We traveled out of town for a few days.
I took along my box of applique bunnies---fully intending to work on them.  I never even opened the box!
In fact, I don't think I worked on any crafts at all.

The previous Friday was sit n' sew at the quilt shop.  I took several UFO's to work on.  I did work on some folded hotpads.  I have 3 of those ready to hand sew the back of the binding.  I worked on plastic bag holders, but only completed one.

I got motivated Sunday afternoon to get started on my challenge for quilt guild.  The challenge is to use Ohio Star, half square triangles, or flying geese---3 different sizes---in a wall hanging or a table runner.   I had these "busy" squares with flowers already cut so I decided to make us a table runner for spring.  The challenges aren't turned in until the end of March afterall.

When I say busy, I'm not kidding!!
I've decided to also make a matching wall hanging.  However, it will be a bit different--at least my plan right now---I am making 4 of the full squares as the middle above, then also doing rows of full squares with the other blocks.  It may end up being what I turn in for the challenge instead of the table runner if the size fits the requirements.

It may be crazy, but I like it.  They will sure brighten up our living room in the spring!
It's such a rare occasion that I actually make something for use.  Most of the time my concern is making things that might sell in my etsy shop.

I don't think I will list my UFO's, but I do need to stay busy on my sewing and get projects done.  I have other projects that I want to move on to.

I am linking up with:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...