Wednesday, January 23, 2013

WIP Wednesday--Guild Challenge

Hubby was on vacation last week.  We traveled out of town for a few days.
I took along my box of applique bunnies---fully intending to work on them.  I never even opened the box!
In fact, I don't think I worked on any crafts at all.

The previous Friday was sit n' sew at the quilt shop.  I took several UFO's to work on.  I did work on some folded hotpads.  I have 3 of those ready to hand sew the back of the binding.  I worked on plastic bag holders, but only completed one.

I got motivated Sunday afternoon to get started on my challenge for quilt guild.  The challenge is to use Ohio Star, half square triangles, or flying geese---3 different sizes---in a wall hanging or a table runner.   I had these "busy" squares with flowers already cut so I decided to make us a table runner for spring.  The challenges aren't turned in until the end of March afterall.

When I say busy, I'm not kidding!!
I've decided to also make a matching wall hanging.  However, it will be a bit different--at least my plan right now---I am making 4 of the full squares as the middle above, then also doing rows of full squares with the other blocks.  It may end up being what I turn in for the challenge instead of the table runner if the size fits the requirements.

It may be crazy, but I like it.  They will sure brighten up our living room in the spring!
It's such a rare occasion that I actually make something for use.  Most of the time my concern is making things that might sell in my etsy shop.

I don't think I will list my UFO's, but I do need to stay busy on my sewing and get projects done.  I have other projects that I want to move on to.

I am linking up with:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

 

3 comments:

  1. I feel like making things for ourselves once in a while helps us keep the joy in it. After a while it is easy to lose mojo if you never get to keep and enjoy the items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gone to inform my little brother, that he should also visit this web site on regular basis to get updated from most recent reports.
    My web site - warz wallhacks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table runner looks a great project for some spring colour!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...