Wednesday, September 26, 2012

WIP Wednesday--New Sewing Machine!

That's my big announcement for this week.  I got my new sewing machine.  No, it's nothing expensive or fancy.  In fact, with the state fair half price special and 20% off of the 3 extra feet that I ordered it was just $260!

It's a big step up from the little Brother that we bought one Black Friday at Walmart for $60.  I never complained though, and I sewed for over 4 years straight on the cheap Brother.   I will still be sewing on it too, at least if the measurements aren't the same.  I have to check that out, but have the one quilt top that may need to be finished on my old machine.

I'm loving the automatic threader and the thread cutter.  I can't wait to play with all the extra stitches that I now have too.

In other news I've not gotten much done in the craft area.  I sat last night and I wanted to finish my block for sampler but it got too late.  I do have to have it finished before sampler on Saturday, and have worked a bit more on it this morning.

The quilt shop printed out a photo of the square for us since we are using a bit different colors than what the book does.  My first time making the square in a square.  I just finished that and it looks pretty good.  And, the reason the sampler excites me because I will be learning new things.

Otherwise I have crocheted and crocheted granny squares this past week.  I didn't get anymore put on to the blanket as I am trying to see what I can make with what yarn I have left.  Again I am running low on variety of color.  I don't have many colors left now.  I will be adding to the blanket over this next week and then again making more squares.
This is just a picture of the squares I have made at the moment.


That's it for this week.  I do hope, with my new machine that I have a lot more to report next week.

I am linking up with the following blogs:

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced



10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new machine: happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with the new machine - the auto thread and cut are pretty easy to get spoiled with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Your new machine looks awesome! I have an older one in a wooden case, like a table, that I use from time to time when needed. I'd never heard of an auto thread or cutter. Bet those are super nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stack of squares is coming along. Congrats on your new machine, looks and sounds great. Sometimes I think about getting mine out to make something; but then I look at all the yarn and think I best not get something out that would require me to purchase more stuff.......material. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your new Sewing machine :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh fun! A new machine! Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is fantastic, a new sewing machine! I hope you will make beautiful creations with it:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marsha! Congrats on your sewing machine. I wish I knew how to sew on a sewing machine. I only know how to crochet. Love your squares! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for stopping by my blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your squares are looking good. Congrats on your sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...