Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Homeschool Journal--Work Experience!

Jasmine has had nothing but work experience from September 7-16.  She clocked 104 hours of work at the Kansas State Fair.  She was in a booth selling showerheads.

I have spent this morning looking up high school graduation requirements.  I thought I knew them.  Now I find myself confused.  For Kansas it lists units.  It doesn't say anywhere just what a unit is.  I've done many searches and the best I can find is stating that a high school credit is 120-180 hours based on what the study is.  No help.

At one time I had a chart for graduation and it stated exactly on academic hours and it stated that an academic hour was 50 minutes.  If anyone has any help for me, please let me know!

I was going to give 2 credits of work experience but now it looks like one credit, and it will go under the elective units.

Here is a photo I took of her while she worked one day.  She happened to have just restocked the table and was tearing down the box. 





Looks like I have my work cut out for me calculating hours.

I picked up a whole set of famous Kansans trading cards as well as a book to go with them free at the state fair.  This will be more than enough for the requirement for Kansas history.  Not to mention that we recently took the vacation trip and visited museums too!

I'm also reading that one of the science requirements is a lab course.  We recently bought a microscope so looks like I need to find material to study using it.

I'm linking up with:
 Hip Homeschool Hop Button

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That's a lot of hours!! Good luck with the requirements..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...