Wednesday, July 11, 2012

WIP Wednesday--Finally Something to Post

Whoa!  I took 2 weeks off from doing a WIP Wednesday post because I just really didn't get crafting done to report.
Oh, I did finish up some soap savers....and I did work on the granny square blanket.
I also made this bag for my daughter for her birthday.  I did want the pockets on the inside, but my dyslexic mind ended them up on the outside.  Working without a pattern, and basing my thoughts on the walker bags I had made, this is what I came up with:

 

Yesterday was sewing club at church.   I believe the last WIP post I did I showed I had cut all the material (well all but the borders) on the quilt that Betty has me trying to make now.  You know, another one to up my quilting skills.  I also remember commenting that I think it will take me a year to get it finished.   After working from 10-2 yesterday and only getting 3 squares done, I still say it will be done a year from now!  Hopefully I will find a couple days a week at home to at least do a little work.


As I worked on the granny a day challenge blanket I had my calendar marked up to day 193, which is today.  When I took the picture and counted I have 191.  So, it's done up to day 191, which was July 9.


I am linking up with the following blogs:
 WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

4 comments:

  1. Don't you just love blue and yellow together? I think it is so fresh and clean looking. A little bit of work on a regular basis really does equal a quilt!

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colors in the granny quilt. your bag looks great to me! i hope your daughter likes it. i just love bags. and pink:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bag you made your daughter :D More stuff on here every visit! Go Marsha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Marsha your GAD is looking fantastic - it's going to look so good when it's all finished - well done for keeping up to date. ALi x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...