Friday, July 13, 2012

Frugal Friday Link Up--5 Uses for Aspirin



Happy Friday!
The last 2 weeks have flown by in a whirlwind. I really am hoping that things will slow down a bit. I feel like I've been away from home more than I've been at home. The home is what is suffering the most through it all.

We've been having triple digit temps and my mom's house has been super hot. We've been taking in the kids to our house from the heat.....and this last week also having my mom over here too. She's just on the phone now telling me that one of my son's friends brought her a window air conditioner. Hopefully she can have a cooler house again.

If you are a couponer you know about the coupon that came out a few weeks ago for $3 off any Bayer aspirin 20 ct or larger. You also know that you can buy it at the Dollar stores for less than $3. I've not used any of my 8 coupon yet, but I sure plan to after seeing what I am sharing today from the 99 Cent Solutions book.

Yes....5 uses for aspirin.

1. Stop acne. Try taming your acne breakout with one or two 325-milligram pills four times per day....after your doctor confirms that you can take aspirin regularly. Or, you can use it topically by crushing one aspirin and mixing it with a little water to make a paste. Dab the paste on the pimples. Let it sit for a few minutes and wash it off with soap and water. Repeat as needed.

2. Crush corns. Mix 5 crushed aspirins with 1/2 teaspoon of water and 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice. Swab the mixture on to the corn. Cover the corn with a patch of plastic wrap and top that with a hot towel. Let it sit for 10 minutes. Remove the coverings and the mixture and gently file down the softened corn with a pumice stone.

3. Make a homemade styptic pencil. Don't rummage for an old-fashioned styptic pencil when you've nicked yourself shaving. Instead, crush a single aspirin and mix it with just a few drops of water to make a paste. Dab it on the cut. As the paste dries, the cut will too.

4. Give your face a day at the spa. An aspirin facial will smooth and exfoliate your skin better than an expensive preparation. Grind six uncoated aspirin tablets into a coarse powder and combine it with a tablespoon or tow of lemon juice if your skin is oily, or olive oil if your skin is dry. Smooth it on and let it set for 5 minutes, then rinse.

5. Get rid of athlete's foot. The salicylic acid in aspirin can serve as an anti-fungal. Crush tow or 3 aspirin to a fine powder and mix with some corn starch or talc. Sprinkle it on every morning when you put your socks on and your toes will clear up in no time.

Now it's your time to share!






4 comments:

  1. I ended up with a ton of aspirin a few years ago and couldn't figure out what to do with them. Ended up donating them. But I sure wish I had known some of these options!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted kombucha 2nd ferment

    http://www.mygutsy.com/2012/07/13/flavored-kombucha-2nd-ferment-2/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting me share my own recipe of healthy, fabulously tasty, frozen yogurt!
    Here’s the link: http://www.momessentials.net/fabulous-family-frozen-yogurt/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    Thanks for letting me share my own recipe of delicious, healthy mayo!
    Here’s the link:
    http://www.momessentials.net/delicious-healthy-mayo-spicy-or-mil/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...