Wednesday, April 11, 2012

WIP Wednesday--Scrappy Quilt is Almost Done

I have still not sat behind my sewing machine to do any work since March 19th---other than yesterday at sewing club at my church.  I spent the day working on finishing up the scrappy quilt.  I just have to finish the tying and put on the binding and it will be done!  I am in hopes of having it done by Friday for the TGIFF post but not making any promises to myself or to you all with everything else I try to cram into my days.
My daughter took this photo of me yesterday getting started on the tying.  The blue in the back is the binding I have ready to sew on.
   If you remember, I am now going to share my granny a square challenge progress every other week.  But, while at church yesterday I got to look through the yarn stash we have there.  The yarn is donated to make the prayer shawls.  The lad in charge let me pay a little bit of money to buy the yarn "scraps" out of the boxes so that I can use them in my granny square blanket.  I'm excited as there were some pretty colors to add to my blanket.  I also brought home 4 skeins to make a shawl with.  I have an idea of making one with granny squares.

In other news, if you remember last week, I shared a picture of loads of netting.  I did get it all cut into strips and worked on making scrubbies.  I ended up getting 19 made (as shown in my jar below)  I sold most of them at my daughter's yard sale, so that worked out to give me a little cash in my pocket.  I've not made anymore yet, but should since they will be having another sale. 
 That's my report for this week.  I am linking up with the following blogs:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

  1. Your scrappy quilt is really lovely, and that blue binding will set it off beautifully! Found you via WIP Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...