Thursday, March 22, 2012

Squidoo Hopping! --VAllain's Lens Updating Challenge



Lensmaster vallain (Virginia Allain) has issued a challenge. The challenge is to pick up to 3 of our lenses that rank between 200,000 and 250,000 and update them 3 times over a period of days. No advertising, or linking up that you have updated them until the end of the challenge. Hey, that is a challenge within itself. The experiment is to see how lensrank does with updating alone.

Hop on over to her lens or full details.  I am sure happy that I did!  She links in others lenses that will really help you with updating and making your lenses stand out as well.  Thank you Virginia!

Squidoo Updates/Lensrank Challenge

As you know, I've just not had the motivation needed to do much work on lenses the past few weeks.  I hope this challenge will give me what I need and that I can keep it up!

No....I can't share which 3 lenses I chose to update, but they will be revealed in the end.  I will say that these lenses really needed to be updated!  Ugh!  They were boring, lacked content....so much in fact that I wonder how they were even in the 200,000 ranking to begin with!  I'm also glad that there are 3 updatings with the challenge because then I can take my time at getting in the updates that should have been done on these a long time ago.

For this week in the linky I am going to randomly pick a couple of my other lenses to share.  I do hope to see lots of link ups.





4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Marsha, for getting the word out on the challenge. I'm hoping it will get people tuned in on the value of updating.

    Just a few small tweaks can boost the ranking and repeated attention to the lens seems to be more magical than one big overhaul. We'll see if that holds true for others in the experiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, thanks so much for the opportunity. It'll be interesting to see the results of vallain's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...that's cool! And the blog post I linked up totally relates. When you asked last week about our Payday, it inspired me to write a post about lensrank and how it affects your earnings. That's so in sink with the challenge! Very curious to see how this turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to see a Squidoo hop! I was wondering if anyone ever did those. I was actually stopping by because I was updating my blog giveaway squidoo lens. I had you on my list and was checking to see if you still had a giveaway linky. I will have to check out that challenge. I have a couple of lenses that could stand to be updated. And of course I had to add my lens to your linky. Thanks so much for hosting it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...