Wednesday, February 22, 2012

WIP Wednesday 2/22/12--The Projects Roll On

It's been a busy Wednesday so I am late getting my post up this week.

I had no progress again on either the toothbrush rug or the cross magnets.
I did fill in a few more squares for the baby blocks.  I tried to work on the walker bags for quilt guild.  I did cut out the material for the other 3 bags.  I read the instructions 3 or 4 times and I'm confused.  I took the bag I started and the instructions to sewing club yesterday but my friend couldn't really tell me what my next step is.  She's told me to show up at the sit and sew tomorrow morning at the senior center.  She said there will be quite a few ladies there from guild that can probably show me what to do.  I sure hope so!  We have another month to get them done for the community project.

So...I did some more work on the scrappy quilt for sewing club at church.  It's not moving along very fast, but is moving along.
 
 I ripped out my sewing and re-did the second row on the quilt I am working on.  I made just over enough squares for the next row too.
 We met at church for sewing club again.  I snuck in this photo of the gals working on finishing up the tying on a quilt.  I cut around the edges while they worked.  I also cut and pinned the binding on another quilt we had already tied.  Then, I just worked a bit putting the diagonal lines on some of the squares for the scrappy quilt above.  I finally have most all of the sewing lines drawn.
 And, here is my granny square challenge blanket for day 53.  I'm sure enjoying working on this, but anxious for it to be larger.  I hope that each week you can see it getting larger even though it's just 7 squares larger each week.
I think that's it for this week's report.  I am linking up with the following blogs:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
 

2 comments:

  1. Your Grannny A Day WIP is coming right along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rome wasn't built in a day, or so they say. Keep plugging along the fact that you're making progress on all your projects is good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...