Friday, February 10, 2012

Frugal Friday Link-Up---4 Uses for Peanut Butter

Happy Frugal Friday! I'm getting a slow start on my day, at least getting to the computer.

It's been another busy week here. I can't think of anything really frugal that I did this week. I do always try to live a frugal lifestyle. The only shopping I did this past week was to buy gifts for my daughter to give her boyfriend----she picked them out of course, I just told her how much I had to spend. Saddest part---we got home from Wal Mart and I found a gift card for about the same amount I spent sitting in our mailbox. I earned it doing a survey for our local newspaper. Oh well, that will pay for some things the next time we get out there.

I am still working from my stash of craft supplies only. I have so many things that I want to get done! Getting started on some Christmas gifts is a must!

This week I am sharing 4 uses for peanut butter from the 99 Cent Solutions book:

1. Help your pet take their medicine. Push the pill into the center of a teaspoon of peanut butter. This prevents them from finding it if you put it in their regular food and then not taking it. Just give them the little lump of peanut butter like a treat.

2. Catch that mouse! Mice actually prefer peanut butter over cheese. It won't harden and dry up like a piece of cheese either. (My mom has been using peanut butter on her mousetraps for years!)

3. Take off a price tag. Rub a dab of peanut butter on the price sticker and let it sit for a few minutes. It will wipe away easily with a paper towel or other rag. This also removes all the remains of the glue.

4. Take out the odor of fried fish. Add a dollop of smooth peanut butter to the oil before you fry fish. It will absorb the smell while you enjoy the fish frying for dinner. And, you won't have to keep smelling it days later.




2 comments:

  1. My dad always used peanut butter to bait his rat traps with! ALWAYS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this! I have used it to remove gum from hair CIAwoman66@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...