Friday, January 6, 2012

TGIFF!--Folded Hotpads

I really had hoped to have the quilt I am working on completed by today. You know about those best laid out plans---we ended up being away from home a lot this past week. I only have 3 rows of 8 sewn together on it.

Today I will share the folded hotpads that I've been making. I went as a visitor in November to the local quilt guild meeting. During that meeting they had what they called mini-demos. One of them was on how to make these folded hotpads. I was excited. I had just bought some insulbrite a couple days earlier with the intention of making hot pads with some fat quarters I had won over on listia.com some time ago. I stayed after the meeting to get further one on one instructions.

I do hope these count for the TGIFF since I did learn how to make them at quilt guild. I did since join the quilt guild and am very happy! Last months meeting was a Christmas party and we had a motivational speaker who was excellent! This month's meeting will last a couple hours longer and we bring our machines and work on project. Am I excited?? You bet I am!

Anyway, here are the hotpads. When I learn something new that I like, I go with it for awhile. I have material cut for 2 more sets yet. however, I highly doubt after I put the next 2 sets together if I ever make the hotpads again (unless they do sell in my etsy store.

 This isn't quilting but I want to tell you about the Granny Square a Day 2012 that I am taking part in.  I've not made granny squares in many many years.  I am making some other things with my yarn stash, but doing a granny square a day this year will take care of what is left from my other projects too!   Here is a photo of the 6 squares I have done so far along with the button if you would like to see how others are doing and/or join in yourself.


  

5 comments:

  1. The hotpads are adroble! And those granny squares?!.... TOO CUTE! I wish I formally learned how to crochet so I could read a darned pattern!
    I will be checking out your etsy store! :)

    ---cmjune76 (Carrie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those hot pads look wonderful. Can you share the instructions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, the hot pads are fab! What batting did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun hot pads! I love the fabric peaking through the middle. I'm going to have to try and find Insulbright. Thanks for sharing this Marsha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot pads are sincerely awesome! I don't think everything has to be "quilty" to count as a TGIFF finish; after all I have seen all sorts of mediums used in crafty projects that people have linked up in the time I have been partying with this crowd (wink). Plus I am moving into the realm of knitting for a bit as I am running out of hand-sewing projects one can do on bed rest!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...