Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Homeschool Journey--Still On Christmas Break

 I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and I hope your new year is off to a good start.


We've still been on Christmas break this past week.  I don't have any photos to share this week.


The usual things happened like attending church.  Christmas morning church was wonderful as we sang a lot of Christmas hymns in place of several things in the service.  We had a guest pastor (one of our own out of seminary and waiting on a call).  His sermon was on the timeline of Christmas.  It was quite interesting and he did it with congregation participation.  She attended her youth group meeting on Wednesday evening.  Other than that, she has spent a lot of time with friends....overnights.


Jasmine got out a diet and fitness journal just before Christmas and has read it and studied it cover to cover.  She says it's not a diet, but a lifestyle change.  As far as food the first changes I am helping her make is buying skim milk and low fat cheese.  She received a bicycle for Christmas from my husband.  She's not missed many days of going out and doing a little riding, despite her bad knee.  We've been fortunate to have weather mostly in the 50's as of late.  The next step is to get the exercise equipment back out of the closet downstairs so she can work on it daily.  You can also learn to maintain a healthy body and mind with these health and fitness related schools. My daughter and her boyfriend came and got a lot of their stuff out of the basement, so there is room to get the equipment back out now.


I'm always changing something in the way we homeschool.  Nothing new here, I've been changing and changing again since I started homeschooling my children in 1998.  I started this week by sitting down and writing out assignments for Jasmine for the week.  I used to do this all the time, especially when I was homeschooling 3 of the children at once.  Jasmine and I haven't ever done this since it's just been her left to teach.  What I am writing down are things she can do on her own when I am busy away from home, or we are away from home together, or on my husband's days off work.  This will help to ensure that a lot more school work gets done each week.


I'm going to hop along now...we have to be off to the DMV to get her ID and then to the post office to apply for her passport.  Then it's off to Bible study and after that a trip to the library to get books.  Please pray that she gets her passport in time to make the trip to England in March!!

Hip Homeschool Hop Button

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...