Thursday, July 7, 2011

Squidoo Hopping 7/7/11

Happy Thursday!
It's not been that great of a week for me as far as my lenses go....well, getting anything done really. I did do a lot of hopping around on squidoo, just didn't do much with my own.

I did update My Toothbrush Rug to include links to a great blog where she gives step by step instructions with photos. Soon enough I will be finishing up that lens with the pic of my rug finished.

I finally was getting around last night to building This Day in History July 3 in honor of my grandson's birthday (Allen) but it kept having problems. It took out most of the pre built Homeschool Club modules, wouldn't load photos, and then wouldn't publish. I finished it up this morning with the exception of the Homeschool Club modules.

Here are a couple of my lenses from the bottom of my list that can use some love until I get around to updating them:
Kansas--Our First Lapbook!
With Voilets by Elizabeth Robards

I noticed something about the related lenses as well. If we don't choose in edit what we wanted there, they are there anyway, chosen by squidoo, I assume by tags. I forgot about it on the lens I did today and one of my This Day in History showed up in the list of 5.
There are so many different things you can do to update a lens and freshen it, and putting in your own related lenses is just one. No reason why I can't get in and at least update a lens each day if I'm not building a new one....and I have loads of new ones I can get built as well!!

I hope to see a lot of lenses to hop over and check out this week in the linky.






4 comments:

  1. Yeah, that related lenses is something I just noticed recently too. So great that they put it in the sidebar...used to be right under your intro lens so I removed it from a bunch of mine. Glad it's in the sidebar now and will start putting them back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed that too...makes more sense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "related lenses" option. I generally put in one or two of my own and then the rest other related lenses.

    Another good thing on lenses that search engines look for in rankings, is "current" additions to a URL ... so, I always make sure I have one of my blogs in the sidebar and/or my Twitter tweets in a module. Those are frequently updated and register as such. I also change my ebay and amazon links on occasion, as well as what I write in the text area of all modules.

    Oddly enough, my book review lenses are the least visited lenses, which is why I'm not rushing to add more SquidLit lenses.

    Marsha, thanks for hosting the squidoo hop! Hopefully I'll get back in the swim of things this week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...