Wednesday, May 11, 2011

WIP Wednesday 5/11/11

I always do have works in progress, as with most of you who read my blog.  I put all of those aside this past week to work on things for my daughter and the new baby.

Today's major WIP is cleaning the house and setting up for the baby shower....including still needing to bake the cupcakes.

Here are some baby booties I am attempting to make.  I am so very lost on the pattern.  It will be a miracle if they get made at all, let alone made before the baby is born.  Heather was in hopes they would work to go with Zelda's going home outfit.
I did a post on gather asking for help, which includes a link to the pattern.  If any of you are expert crocheters, please take a look at the pattern and tell me how to proceed!  Thanks!
Please Help Me With This Crochet Pattern!




I did complete the Minnie Mouse baby hat.  It turned out pretty cute, but sure won't fit much past newborn I don't expect.


And, after many hours, and major help from one of the lady's at church, this baby set if made.  I'm not happy with the booties, they were very hard to make and the instructions had to be read and re-read many times at a few points to figure out what to do.  I fully intend to NEVER make these again!  The bibs however, that's another story.  They are very simple and look good.   I had enough material left over to add a second matching bib to the set.  I also had enough material left over from the baby quilt I gave Heather for Christmas to throw in another bib.


That's it for my report this week....time to get back to cleaning.  Please click on each button below to join in any or all of the WIP Wednesday blog hops....and check out what others are working on as well.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

8 comments:

  1. I'm the last person to ask for help with booties/slippers, but let's see what we can do.

    You said:

    Here is where I am stuck--Row 2: With right side facing, skip first 2 sc, of Row 1. join with a sl st in next sc, skip next 2 etc etc.....ok.....it's not telling me to connect more yarn?

    Where it says to skip first 2 sc and join with sl st, I think that's where it means to join the new yarn. That would be my guess, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Marie Anne. You're going to skip the first 2 sc and then join the new yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those ladies sound like they know what they're talking about!

    As for your work this week, I am LOVE-ing that minnie hat! And my goodness, are you ever one to persevere and get things done:) I tried to make a pair of "high-top" booties once and decided it just wasn't worth the headache:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Minnie quilt is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried making booties and slippers. I had to give up because the instructions were so confusing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...