Thursday, February 3, 2011

Drugstore Bootstrap Challenge Week 1

I have decided to take part in the Drugstore Bootstrap challenge for the month of February.  The challenge is posted by Frugal Follies and you can find the post here.

We only have Walgreen's here.

My Rules:

1.  I can spend no more than $10 out of pocket the whole month.

2.  Sales tax does not count in the $10 total.

3.  I can start with the $5 in register rewards that I have on hand.

4.  I can use any coupons that I can, and they also do not count in the total, as the total is just out of pocket.

So....I made my first trip this week for the month.  I had $5 total is register rewards on hand from my last trip last month.

I did 2 transactions.  I didn't intend to do 2, but it worked out better anyway.  I couldn't find one thing that I wanted so while I waited on the manager to fetch it for me I went ahead and checked out.

Transaction #1:

Arnicare Gel, on sale for $5.99, used $2 coupon, got back $6 in register rewards. (money maker!)
Natrol Melatonin, on sale for $3, got back $3 in register rewards (there was supposed to be a coupon for this, but par for the course, I sure didn't have one in my file box.)
2- Nestle Butterfinger Snackers--regularly .89 each--I used a $1/2 coupon and then gave them the Walgreen's coupon taking off another .81 (money maker!)


I paid just $1.77 (not including sales tax) and got back $9 in register rewards.  I used the $5 in register rewards that I had on hand.


Transaction #2:


Icy Hot Vapor Gel--on sale for $3.99,  I used $3 of my register rewards from transaction #1.


I paid .99 (not including sales tax)

Running total out of pocket for the month:  $2.76 

I feel I am starting out pretty well and should be able to meet the challenge.


Until next week----Happy shopping and saving!!






I went home with $9 total in register rewards to use on my next trip.






 

 

1 comment:

  1. Ok so my Walgreens won't let me use coupons and RR together. So I went there thinking I was gonna get the Icy Hot for free had $3 in RR and $1 coupon, and they said nope. So I had to pay 99 cents for it. I was not amused, I miss the old system. However rock on with your luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...