Wednesday, November 3, 2010

WIP Wednesday

Welcome to WIP Wednesday hosted by Every Day Crochet!

To play along on Work-in-Progress Wednesday, make your blog post for Wednesday be about something you're working on - some type of craft, renovation project, landscaping, even that novel you're writing. You can play along even if it’s not Wednesday; she leaves each WIP up until the following week. Click the button at the bottom of my post and copy the code below Rosie's picture and paste it into your blog post so that others can follow too, and see the rest of the projects that are posted.


Have fun!

This past week I got out the sewing machine and my 2 inch squares that were already cut and experimented with making hot pads that I want to give out for Christmas.  I found the black lining that I wanted to use, to not be heat resistant.....oops!  I made another one using left over t-shirt on the back.  It looks pretty good, and I do end up with t-shirt backs after I cut the rounds of shirts making my rugs.  I only completed 2 pot holders.   I am thinking now I want to try the cushions covers from the old futon for the backs....will check their heat resistance first.

I completed the red, white, and blue toothbrush rug made with t-shirts.  I found a sheet in my closet that I had previously cut out a small set of curtains from, so I am back now working on the other rug.


I just have to finish the fringe on one side of the prayer shawl and then it's finally done!

I am currently reading The Capablanca Variation by Douglas Quinn.  It was sent to be by the author to read and review.  Be on the look out as I will also be giving away my copy in a blog giveaway with my review.

Last but not least, I am getting an etsy shop going finally!  I only have a few things in right now, but am working on moving the crafts I have on blujay over.  I also need to work on my store design and such as well.  I hope you will check it out at  http://www.etsy.com/shop/marsha32


1 comment:

  1. Love the hot pad idea!

    Good job on getting your etsy shop up and running. If you want more exposure, try joining some groups (teams). One I like is http://www.etsy.com/teams/5735/createcrochet

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...