Wednesday, January 17, 2018

WIP Wednesday -- 6 & 6 in 2018 Challenge with Pomegranate and Chintz

I did no sewing this past week, which makes me sad.  All I did, in fact, was some crocheting here and there on the headbands.  I didn't even get a picture of my progress on those.

However, last week I went to the Pomegranate and Chintz blog to find that her challenge for 2018 is 6 old and 6 new.  You can find the post HERE.

I have updated my list on the right side bar to reflect the new challenge.  I only have one new listed so far as it's something I really wanted to get to in 2017, but never did.....my runner locker hook rug.

Here is what I chose for the 6 old.

Arkansas Crossroads quilt.  I was in high hopes of finally getting back to work on this quilt this month at sit n' sew at the quilt shop.  Unfortunately it was cancelled due to bad weather.


Rainbow String quilt. I started the blocks with the color of the month with the So Scrappy Blog (link at the bottom of my post).  I left it way behind.  I'm glad that the color for the month is blue, a color I didn't get to last year.  Will I actually get to it this month?


Five and Dime quilt.  Oh gosh, this top has been made for some time now.  My plan is to do the flip method of sandwiching this, and then putting a yo-yo with a button in the center of each block.


Charming Stars quilt.  All that's left on this one is to finish the hand quilting around the edge and put the binding on.



Hexagon quilt.   I do not think that I did anymore with this in 2017 at all other than pinning hexagons onto the paper pieces!  Long project.  I plan to take the Hexagons with me for my hand work on a bus trip later this year with my guild.  Time will tell there.


Braid in a Day baby quilt.   This still sits the same as it did when I last reported it in my post some weeks ago.  I need to attempt my machine quilting on it, and put the binding on.


I've been thinking about what I was going to work on at the quilt retreat coming up at the end of April.  Looks like I have these 6 options to start with!!

I'm looking forward to seeing what others are working on this week and getting some motivation to get my machine out.   I link up with the following blogs:

WIPs on Wednesdays

Jo's Country Junction:  http://www.joscountryjunction.com/




KatieMae Quilts for BOM weekly linky.  https://www.katiemaequilts.com/blog/



  Quilting is more fun than Housework



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...