Wednesday, November 1, 2017

WIP Wednesday-- Quilt Retreat

You know what kind of past week I've had when you see that I've not done a blog post since last Wednesday!

Friday and Saturday was the annual October quilt retreat hosted by the local quilt shop, Cottonwood Quilts.
I swore to the owner of the shop, and to myself, that if I wasn't done with the yo-yo projects that I would work on nothing else at the retreat.

Well.........I couldn't do that.  I did jump back and forth between the yo-yo's and a couple other things.
I soon figured out once again that I didn't have enough yo-yo's made to finish the projects.  I stopped, but only had enough left in green Christmas fabric for 3 more yo-yo's.  This prompted me to stop on the table runner and get started on the 2nd valance.  I figured that way I would know what was left for the table runner, if anything.

Here is a picture of the one finished valance as well as what I have done on the 2nd valance and the table runner.  It's my hope to finish these by this weekend.


In between working on the yo-yo's I worked more on the microwave hotpads.  I do have my sewing machine out and plugged in to hopefully finish those up today so that I can get them listed for sale in my Etsy shop.
The other thing that I did in between was to get several fabrics cut for the composition notebook covers that I am making for gifts this year.



One lady that comes to the retreats always tries to bring things to give us gift giving ideas.  This time around she brought in what she said is originally called a LeCou towel.  I'm going to call it a double towel scarf.  I went home Friday night and got out towels left from when I did the crochet top towels, and I've had 5 yards of the other fabric in my stash forever.
I wanted to make sure that I understood how to make it while she would be there to help me.  I didn't end up needing her help, and I think they will make great gifts and possibly something else that I can make to sell in my Etsy shop.



I found 2 more sites to link up to each week.  I hope you will check out all of the blogs that I link to:

WIPs on Wednesdays

Jo's Country Junction:  http://www.joscountryjunction.com/



KatieMae Quilts for BOM weekly linky.  https://www.katiemaequilts.com/blog/

http://www.inquiringquilter.com/wednesday-wait-loss/" target="_blank">https://static1.squarespace.com/static/533f55fce4b05fdb12d83ef3/t/5894a2d8e3df2849fb4652ee/1486136030635/

" alt="Wednesday Wait Loss" style” border: none; height: auto; width: 200px” />




Quilting is more fun than Housework




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...