Wednesday, August 24, 2016

WIP Wednesday -- Still Working!

I feel like I have kept a good clip going with my sewing, quilting, and crafts.
This week I made 3 new sets of coasters as a completed project.

I took the strips from the left right center game at our guild's retreat and decided to use them to put together a tutorial on how to make a jelly roll type quilt and posted it on blogbourne.
You can check out the entire post if you would like:  http://www.blogbourne.com/how-to-make-a-jelly-roll-type-quilt/
I really planned on finishing it before guild on the 29th, but that is highly doubtful.

I put together what I could of purple string blocks.  Purple is the color this month with the soscrappy blog challenge.  Unfortunately I didn't have enough strips that were long enough for the size of blocks I am making.  I ended up sewing some strips together to get these 3 made.  Looking forward to next month and the next color to move on with these.

The blue and brown yo-yo project has turned into a work-on-the-go project.  Out and about a couple places this past week I did put on some more yo-yo's.  Only 10 more to put on to finish it.  I should make it priority this week to have a finish.  Sorry for the picture being blurry.

Finally, this week I pulled out the locker hook rug that I started some time ago.  Looks like I still need 8 more colors of fabrics to find, but there is more than enough to keep me busy working on it until then.

People wonder why I don't just work on one thing until it's done.  I wonder that myself, but I just have trouble sticking to just one thing.  It's like I get bored.  At least if I do keep working as I have been for the past month, things will eventually get done.

UFO's:

Rectangle quilt
challenge wall hanging
Hexagon quilt
Emerald Island Fusique table runner
Five and Dime quilt
Brown half square triangle table runner
? sets of doll blanket, pillows, bed and rug
Wall hanging for quilt guild
yo-yo's that need to be made into projects
black and white rail fence quilt
Arkansas Crossroads scrap quilt
T-shirt latchhook rug
Rainbow colored locker hook rug
Blue and Brown yo-yo table runner
Charming Stars quilt
Special crocheted prayer shawl
Fall Squares table topper
Crazy colored quilt with the five and dime blocks
Rainbow colored string quilt

2016 Finishes:
Smaller pink 4 patch quilt for charity
Pink 4 patch quilt for charity
Hexagon flower table runner
T-shirt toothbrush rug
7 sets of coasters
16 microwave hotpads
3 sets of doll blanket, pillows, bed and rug

I am linking up with the following blogs:
WIPs on Wednesdays

RSC16





Here's some things for you just for fun:
   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...