Friday, July 3, 2015

Frugal Friday With Marsha Week in Review

MarshasSpot

This has been an interesting week. Monday was my middle daughters birthday and I said I would keep the 3 children overnight.
Their 3 plus my oldest daughters 5 meant 8 children overnight. Gluten for punishment that I am, (LOL) I offered to also keep them the next night as well.

Of course I love having them, but they do require a lot of energy, especially that many at once. Food was provided by the parents though. Pork chops, cucumbers, strawberries and bananas for the first nights supper and pizza and watermelon (with popsicles for later) for the next nights supper by one daughter. The other daughter brought Icee treats, fruit snacks,Kool-Aid, 3 boxes of cereal, and milk.

My middle daughter also paid me some dollars for keeping hers a second night which enabled me to buy some lunch and other household items. My oldest daughter put some gas in my van.

All of this adds up to what I posted a couple of weeks ago.....that things work out.
Hubby and I did spend a little on groceries, but under $20. Actually, he let me shop. I chose to buy bologna, cheese slices, bread, potato salad, a bag of chicken fingers, tomatoes, a head of lettuce, mayonnaise, salad dressing, bbq sauce, and a gallon of milk and paid $19.51. I think I did well and didn't even use any coupons.

How was your week?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...