Wednesday, January 21, 2015

WIP Wednesday 1/21/15

I worked on a few things this week, and added something to to my UFO list.

Last Saturday I took a locker hook rug class at the quilt shop.  So much fun to make, but hard on your fingers working on the canvas.  It's at a stand still for the moment as I do have other projects to get done.  I had a fairly large ball of 1 inch strips sewn together and this is how far I got with it.  I need, I am guessing, the same size ball again to finish this.

For the soscrappy blog challenge this month's color is blue.  I only had to hexagon papers so I got out some of the blue that was already made and got a start on making a blue table topper.  I then got out blue from my scrap drawer and started making blue yo-yo's.
I have my Needlers handwork group this afternoon at the quilt shop.  I wanted my handwork today to be sewing down the binding on this quilt.  It's one of the first quilts I made years back and the binding was bad....really bad.  I had used bias tape.   I made a light blue binding and did get it sewn around and ready to start hand stitching it down today.

I plan on working more on my buttons jigsaw puzzle this evening, and will post a progress picture on it next week.
I crocheted several more dish scrubbies this past week as a gal at church wanted to buy some.
I'm almost done reading The Wedding Quilt.

Here are my current UFO's:

Rectangle quilt
challenge wall hanging
GoodNight Irene quilt/wall hanging
Yo-Yo Table runner
Emerald Island Fusique table runner
Five and Dime quilt
Fractured Pineapple quilt
Charming Stars quilt
Brown half square triangle quilt
? sets of doll blanket, pillows and rug
Hexagon flower table runner
re-do binding on blue and peach patchwork
lockerhook rug

I am linking up with the following blogs:

WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedWIPs on Wednesdays
Soscrppy


3 comments:

  1. You are always so busy. I cannot wait to see your newest projects in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Yo Yo's are cute! I made a bunch of Yo Yo's for Christmas 2014. The latch hook rug looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...