Wednesday, October 1, 2014

WIP Wednesday 10/1/14

It's October already!  Christmas is right around the corner.  Time to kick making those gifts in to high gear.    Starting this week I will be highlighting gifts that I've made in the past in my Frugal Friday posts.    I'm hoping to give some inspiration to others, but also to motivate myself to get busy making gifts.

Here are the things that I've been working on this past week:


First of all, attempting to sort through that popcorn tin of 2 1/4 inch squares.   I don't know what possessed me to think that just 2 pizza boxes would be enough to organize them.   When I took that first picture I still have over half of the popcorn tin to to sort through.
I'm going to just have to stack them as best I can in the boxes to get them all out of the tin and into the boxes for easier viewing of what I have.

The second picture is a current project with those 2 1/4 inch squares.   I am making doll rugs with selvage size strips and blankets and pillows with the squares. 
I will be making one set for my 3 r old granddaughter, and in hopes of putting at least one set in my etsy shop.

This is my progress so far on the Charming Stars sew along with Terry's Treasures.   I'm thinking that before I complete blocks that I want to have all of these pieces done.  I have 30 done so far.  If I'm correct there are 64 of these parts.
You can click the button to the right for more information on the sew along.


I'm anxious to get over to the soscrappy blog and see what this months color is!

I didn't get my UFO list completely updated, but here it is.   I have a quilt retreat coming up November 7 and 8.  Do you think I can wipe out some of this list those 2 days?

UFO's:

Rectangle quilt
challenge wall hanging
GoodNight Irene quilt/wall hanging
Yo-Yo Table runner
Emerald Island Fusique table runner
Five and Dime quilt
34 Hot Pads (8 done)
Christmas bags (total of at least 25) (2 done)
Charming Stars quilt
Brown half square triangle quilt
? sets of doll blanket, pillows and rug

This is the book that I purchased at our local quilt shop that I hope to dive in to for making gifts from my stash!



I am linking up with the following blogs this week:
 WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedWIPs on Wednesdays



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...