Friday, October 3, 2014

Frugal Friday with Marsha 10/3/14-- Crafts as Gifts

Christmas is right around the corner.  From now until Christmas I am going to highlight different crafts that I have made for gifts over the years.

You will notice that I have a handmade linky page here on my blog.  I have went through and removed the dead links. Please feel free to add your homemade posts.  Also feel free to add your stores with handmade items as well.

This week I'm going to start with my biggest Christmas challenge.  I made quilts for my 4 children, 5 of my grandchildren and my sister-in-law!  This was no easy task since I didn't start on them until October.  I was a brand new quilter so they are all patch quilts.

This first one was for my grandson, Allen.


This one was for my granddaughter Araya.

My granddaughter Ariel's.
My daughter Elizabeth's




My daughter Heather's.
My daughter Jasmine's.  This was my very first quilt ever.
My son Johnathon's.
My grandson Skyler's.  This isn't a quilt, as you can see.  I was given a bag of these crochet squares already made.  I sewed them together with yarn.
This is the one I made for my sister-in-law.  Hubby went out and bought the fabrics for me as she is a KU fan.
Last, but not least, this is my granddaughter Willo's.

I made these in 2008.  The grandkids still only like to sleep with the quilts that Grandma Marsha made them.  They are getting pretty ratty, but they don't care!    Maybe it's time to make new ones for everyone.....not this year though.  :)


Here are some quilting supplies that you will need:







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...