Friday, September 5, 2014

Frugal Friday with Marsha 9/5/14 Chicken with Carrots and Gravy



Here is another one of our family favorites. I don’t remember if someone told me to make this or if I just threw it together.

                    Chicken with Carrots and Gravy





1 lb boneless chicken breasts
1 can carrots, drained
2 cans or jars of chicken gravy.

I cook 3 lbs of the boneless chicken breasts in the crockpot at a time as they are sold in the 3 lb bags frozen. I then cube and divide it, using 1/3 for this recipes and freezing the other 2/3 seperately for other meals.

Once the chicken is cooked and drained, top with the can of carrots and the 2 jars or cans of chicken gravy. Cook in the crockpot long enough for the carrots and gravy to heat.

We serve this over mashed potatoes.

Like I said, it’s quick, easy and cheap, but it’s also very filling.


This is the crockpot that I use when I make my chicken with carrots and gravy.  I've had it for years and it had held up very well.









1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...