Wednesday, July 23, 2014

WIP Wednesday 7/23/14

It's been a pretty good week.  I didn't get anything done except some hand stitching.
We bought an organ at an estate sale, which meant a lot of work taking out the large computer desk from the living room.
If you recall, I had turned that desk into a sewing station bringing one of my machines in here so that I could sew and still watch tv.
Now my sewing room is even a worse disaster area than it was.

The organ isn't all we bought.  We went to the estate sale on the 3rd day and 30 minutes before closing so they were giving good deals.
When asked if I seen anything I was interested in, I told them yes, the boxes of fabric.
Actually there were 5 boxes of fabric and each was marked $14 or $15.   I actually had gone through them and picked out one that I was going to see what she would say on it.
I didn't even have to ask.  When I told her I was interested she told me to take all 5 boxes for $5!!!

I have lots of work to do to get my craft room in order.  It's not easy to work when you aren't organized.   I already had at least 3 boxes and a trash bag of fabrics that had been given to me plus 2 or 3 trashbags of sheet sets that we got from my husband's mom's house.
Yes, I do have my work cut out for me!

I finished the sunflower table runner and I barely have a start on sewing the binding down on the place mats.
I completed a couple more hexagon flowers in red for the soscrappy challenge of red for July.
I'm off this weekend to a Women's Encounter.  I don't know how much time I will have to work on them there, but I fully intend to work on them on the bus trip there and back home.
I also worked more on the hand sewing on the hexagon table topper.  I'm not sure you can see much in the photo, but if the pin is out then that hexagon is sewn around.
Last but not least, I got all of the backs cut for the 34 hot pads.  It's a must for me to get that sewing room back in order and get to sewing.
I'm so glad to still have at least 4 yards of the polka dot fabric as it will be awesome for the lining of the fabric bags that I also need to get to work on.

I've decided to remove the NewFO portion of my list.   I still have the list in word and will move those things to the WIP portion if and when I ever get to those.  I really need to concentrate on what I already have going over starting yet another project!  I'm also removing the projects that I am finished with.
UFO's:
Rectangle quilt
challenge wall hanging
GoodNight Irene quilt/wall hanging
Yo-Yo Table runner
Hexagon table topper
Emerald Island Fusique table runner
Sunflower table runner and matching placemats
Five and Dime quilt
34 Hot Pads




Boy that is still a lot, but looks like a lot less with the finished taken off!

I am linking up with the following blogs:
WIPs on Wednesdays
Soscrppy


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...