Friday, July 25, 2014

Frugal Friday With Marsha 7/25/14



How has your week been? It's been a hot one here in Kansas with triple digit temps.

I picked up some Irises from the freecycle list. I cleared an area in the front garden and planted them. I already forgot what colors she said they were so I hope to be surprised next season.

I picked more tomatoes from the garden. We ate a couple of them with supper. I cut the rest of them up into 2 bags and put them in the freezer for cooking this winter.
I have more in the window now. There are a few more out on the 2 plants in one planter. I have 2 stray tomato plants in with the strawberries and cucumbers, I assume that grew out of the compost. One of those plants has a tomato and the other one is just now flowering, so it looks like we may still end up with more.


I'm leaving later today and going for the weekend to the Women's Encounter. I hope to enjoy the weekend away and that the time away will motivate me and keep me going.
I hadn't been looking forward to going because of worry of too many things I should be doing instead. Now I'm actually looking forward to going.
My way was paid by scholarship. Even it hadn't been, it's only $100 to go on the trip. Considering that includes the bus there, 2 nights, and all the meals and snacks, that is a super decent price!

This past week we hit an estate sale. We went on Saturday, the 3rd day of the sale, and the last 30 minutes of the sale. They were really giving deals trying to get rid of more stuff.
I had spotted 5 boxes of fabric. Each box was marked $14 and $15 each. When she asked if there was anything I was interested I told her the fabric. She told me all 5 boxes were mine for just $5!!!
Another good deal that I got was a box of stuff for the grandkids--crayons, markers, chalk, farm animals, building toys, a game, and 2 frisbees for $2.
I also picked up a shoebox full of notepads and such for $1 and another box that had glue sticks, ribbon and things to make earrings for $1.
Then......hubby said he would love to have the organ.
They had it marked $200 and told him $25. You guessed it, we now have an organ! It's pictured below. It's a Hammond.


I can't wait to see what you all have to share this week.



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...