Friday, June 13, 2014

Frugal Friday With Marsha 6/13/14



It's Friday the 13th.....are you superstitious? I'm not and if anything, I consider it lucky, not unlucky.

Last night we were watching Extreme Cheapskates on TLC. No, I couldn't find anything better to watch.
It was all shows that I've seen in the past.
They call it extreme for a reason.

Some things are way overboard like sharing dental floss---gross! Sharing bath water---uummm no.
I know there are a lot of people all over the world who dumpster dive for food. I've seen it here first hand. I don't think that I could ever do that!
(I have been known to take the laundry mat trash years ago to gather Tide or other brands UPC's to order toys, shirts and such)
I don't think I could handle the cut up shirts for toilet paper---just the thought of a dirty can on them in the bathroom doesn't make me feel so good.
How about the family that washed their dishes in the baby swimming pool. All 3 of us heard them say that AFTER the kids are done in the pool then they wash their dishes---ok.....

Some things are very useful such as using dryer lint as fire starter. Timed showers to save water isn't a bad idea.
I'm not opposed to vacuuming and such after midnight if the electric rates really are cheaper then.
Dumping your boiling water on weeds after your pasta is cooked, to kill the weeds----does this really work?
Riding a bicycle over driving a car---always a pretty good idea for health reasons too.

Over the years I've gotten furniture, and even carpeting from dumpsters behind stores. Nothing too wrong with that.


I can't say I've done much this week other than the usual hanging laundry on the line to dry and trying to keep lights off around the house.
We did shop at Aldi. I only had $20 to spend but that got me 3 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts, a pound ground beef, 1 pound ground turkey, 4 lbs of sugar, can of mandarin oranges and a bag of frozen California mix veggies. $19.76 to be exact.
(We get our income tax refund finally next week and will be doing a stock up on food shopping trip to Aldi)
Oh, we bought a stand up deep freeze for $75 too.

How has your week been?



3 comments:

  1. My week was pretty good. Learned a hard lesson with my bank though. Apparently I had a spending limit on my debit card I didn't know about and they shut my card off completely.

    I was in line a wal-mart with so many things and I got my card declined in front of everyone, I was mortified! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our week was busy as usual. My mom was the oldest of 8 sibling therefore the last to use the bath water after all of them had used it. My girls have always shared baths or showers where needed such as an older child helping a younger child wash their hair correctly, and usually the water is left in the bottom of the tub for the younger ones to play in. As for the pasta and potato water for plants my mother always used this and her plants were the talk of the county. We have watched a few of those shows on Netflix but like you we though some of it was a bit much. Hope you have a good week stocking up at Aldi's. we love their pizza's which we freeze instead of ordering take out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! A friend once told me about someone in her family who reused toilet paper! Both number one and two. They would rinse it out and lay it outside over the bushes to let it dry! Just totally gross!

    I came by to visit because I was re-reading a post of mine from last December about a hiatus I took in blogging. You commented about your status of not blogging and that you were going to start up again. So I hopped over here to see how you're doing! Glad to see you are still going strong!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...