Friday, April 4, 2014

Frugal Friday With Marsha 4/4/14



How is Spring going?
I've worked a little here and there trying to clear dead from my flower gardens.
I'm itching to get the food garden going.
I looked at the extended weather forecast last night.  It looks like after April 10 it's safe from going down to freezing at night.
I am in hopes that my next merchandising pay check can be used to buy the black roll for under the soil, good soil, seeds, and some plants.

I have read 2 blogs that have recipes for mock Miracle Grow and plant food.  I am going to try both recipes.  One of the blog was linked here last week.  Keep up the good work!

Yesterday I shopped at the bread store, aka the day old store.  I went a little overboard.  They have some items that I don't see at any other stores around here such as the larger containers of the garlic salt that I like, larger gravy mixes, etc.  I ended up spending nearly $30, which got me 4 more marks on my card towards getting $6 in free items.
My husband gets a 15% discount at the bread store but for some reason he has to be there with me to get the discount.  I think they should give it to me too!
There really is no discount on items at the bread store except for the bread that is brought in.  As you know, it's brought in when the date won't allow it to be on the store shelves anymore.
I did get a manager's special of .50 for a bag of stuffing.  I bought 2 bags and put them in the freezer.

I'm working diligently on my coupons again.  If I can keep it up they will soon be in order in my binder and I can keep up with them.  Time to get back in to the coupon business and get the savings going again as well as the stocking up!

Until next Friday, I hope you link up lots of posts to inspire and motivate us all towards a more frugal life.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...