Wednesday, March 5, 2014

WIP Wednesday 3/5/14--Retreat Report!

My first quilt retreat was awesome!!
Despite a winter storm coming in that closed us up early the second night, it was so much fun.
I won 3 door prizes, plus they gave us one awesome goodie bag too.
I added up the retail pricing of my goodie bag contents and my prizes and they came to $69.25.  This doesn't include the goodies such as the notepad and pen, 6 inch ruler, stylus, etc that they gave us printed with the quilt shop logo.  Then you add in that we were fed 4 meals and lots of snacks and oh my, it was so worth the $75 that we paid (plus sales tax).

I have lots of pictures to share with you this week.  I got a lot done!!

When we got to the quilt shop we were given nametags that one of the employees had made.  They are also a coaster.
Here is a picture of what was in the goodie bag.  The bag itself is so cool too.....it's roomy and has a zipper at the top.
I asked one lady to take a picture of me sewing.  It's rare that I get in any of the pictures.

I was working on my log cabin blocks in the picture above.  I got 3 more strips sewn on each of the 92 blocks that I am working to complete.  The picture below I took at home.  I pressed that 3rd strip once I was home that night. 
I've done more work since, and with any luck, this time next week I will actually have my tops sewn.
I also worked some on my hexagons.
I worked some on adding more yo-yo's to the table runner that I am making.
Here are the only 2 photos I managed to take around the room.  I wish I had taken more....such as the snack table up close and our meals.



I finished my Spoolin' Around mini table treat.
I also finished one of my scrappy rectangle table runners.
I would call the weekend a success wouldn't you??

Let's take a look at my UFO and NewFO lists this week----
UFO's:
Log Cabin quilt
2 Log Cabin wall hangings
Rectangle quilt
2 rectangle table runners (one done)
challenge wall hanging
GoodNight Irene quilt/wall hanging
Quilt for sewing club at church
 (Finished) Applique Bunnies quilt
 (Finished) Penny Patch Quilt
Yo-Yo Table runner
Hexagon table topper
(Finished) Spoolin' Around

NewFO's
Sunflower table runner and matching placemats
Spiderweb quilt
Easter wall hanging
Cat wall hanging
Christmas bags (total of at least 25)

I am linking up with:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedWIPs on Wednesdays



3 comments:

  1. You had a very productive time at the quilt retreat and the prizes and goodies bag were wonderful. I really like your Spoolin' Around table piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you Marsha! Three door prizes! I still remember my first retreat, they're great aren't they? It looks like you've been super productive and have several projects well under way. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how fun! You managed to do a lot! I love your hexies :-) Thanks for dropping by my blog. The answer is YES the kaleidoscopes are made out of 6 identical triangles. You appear as no-reply so I'm just leaving my comment here :-) Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...