Wednesday, March 5, 2014

WIP Wednesday 3/5/14--Retreat Report!

My first quilt retreat was awesome!!
Despite a winter storm coming in that closed us up early the second night, it was so much fun.
I won 3 door prizes, plus they gave us one awesome goodie bag too.
I added up the retail pricing of my goodie bag contents and my prizes and they came to $69.25.  This doesn't include the goodies such as the notepad and pen, 6 inch ruler, stylus, etc that they gave us printed with the quilt shop logo.  Then you add in that we were fed 4 meals and lots of snacks and oh my, it was so worth the $75 that we paid (plus sales tax).

I have lots of pictures to share with you this week.  I got a lot done!!

When we got to the quilt shop we were given nametags that one of the employees had made.  They are also a coaster.
Here is a picture of what was in the goodie bag.  The bag itself is so cool too.....it's roomy and has a zipper at the top.
I asked one lady to take a picture of me sewing.  It's rare that I get in any of the pictures.

I was working on my log cabin blocks in the picture above.  I got 3 more strips sewn on each of the 92 blocks that I am working to complete.  The picture below I took at home.  I pressed that 3rd strip once I was home that night. 
I've done more work since, and with any luck, this time next week I will actually have my tops sewn.
I also worked some on my hexagons.
I worked some on adding more yo-yo's to the table runner that I am making.
Here are the only 2 photos I managed to take around the room.  I wish I had taken more....such as the snack table up close and our meals.



I finished my Spoolin' Around mini table treat.
I also finished one of my scrappy rectangle table runners.
I would call the weekend a success wouldn't you??

Let's take a look at my UFO and NewFO lists this week----
UFO's:
Log Cabin quilt
2 Log Cabin wall hangings
Rectangle quilt
2 rectangle table runners (one done)
challenge wall hanging
GoodNight Irene quilt/wall hanging
Quilt for sewing club at church
 (Finished) Applique Bunnies quilt
 (Finished) Penny Patch Quilt
Yo-Yo Table runner
Hexagon table topper
(Finished) Spoolin' Around

NewFO's
Sunflower table runner and matching placemats
Spiderweb quilt
Easter wall hanging
Cat wall hanging
Christmas bags (total of at least 25)

I am linking up with:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedWIPs on Wednesdays



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...