Wednesday, January 8, 2014

WIP Wednesday 1/8/13

I got started this past week on making the log cabin blocks with the 1 inch strips.  I spent one day cutting the squares for the half square triangle middles and the 1 inch strips.
I spent the next day sewing together the half square triangles.  I still need to square each of those up.
I ended up with enough of those to make 6 wall hangings.  I know that I am making at least one wall hanging and then I am thinking a table runner for sure.  
Since I'm not certain, I plan to make ALL of the log cabin blocks and then make my decision.   I hope to show you nice progress each week.
I've worked on my yo-yo's here and there since the last time I posted about those.
I have about 15 or so more to make with the fabric I had put into my box.  I have 114 made, plus the ones that I already started sewing together for my table runner.
I'm thinking of continuing to make them once I am done with the table runner and put them up for sale by the bag full like I see others do on etsy, or make a table runner for sale too if there seems to be an interest there.
 
 I didn't take another picture of the toothbrush rug that I am working on, but I am closing in on being done with it.  I do plan on finishing it today and getting it up for sale in my etsy shop.  I just put a rug out for the mailman to pick up that I sold.

I am working at building my etsy back up and have more items to also add to my zibbet store as well as my shophandmade store as well.

I am linking up with the following blogs:
 WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedWIPs on Wednesdays

5 comments:

  1. Hi Marsha! Looks like you are busy! Loving all those yo-yos! Visiting from Freshly Pieced!

    I am giving away a fat quarter bundle on my blog this week. I would love for you to stop by and enter! Happy New Year!

    Inspiring Creations Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember my family members making the little disc blankets several times. That picture brings back lots of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marsha! I've added you to the list for the sew-along! I couldn't reply to your comment because you're a no-reply blogger. If you email me I'll be happy to answer your questions! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, lots of HSTs and strips - some of my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, I don't know if Google ate my comment! I love HST and strips! Great block builders!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...