Friday, January 3, 2014

Frugal Friday With Marsha 1/3/13 AND TGIFF!

I hope this post finds you on a good start in to the new year.
So far so good on my goals and challenges, and I feel good about them.
The only one that is really frugal is the way I am saving money for my sewing hobby that I mentioned in last week's post.

On the subject of my sewing and crafts, I've been working to put projects into their own bags.  One gal that is in some of the sewing groups that I go to calls these PIGS (projects in grocery sacks).
What I hope to do is to put everything that I need into each bag that I need to finish the project.

I seriously have enough supplies to keep me busy for at least 5 years, and probably longer, in my craft room already.  I really am being serious about that!
I am going to try really hard to work with materials that I already have and not buy anything else.....period!  

I am making this a combination post this week.  I actually have a finish!   I don't think that I finished one quilt in 2013.  I did a few smaller projects----a few wall hangings, and a couple of table runners as far as sewing goes, but that was it.

This is my Penny Patch quilt that I did as part of a QAL (quilt a long).   You can click the button if you would like to click over and see what others made.    I made mine the lap quilt size.

 

Penny Patch Quilt-Along

I am also linking this post up to TGIFF (Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday)
 

Since this is a combination post this week, please feel free to share links in the linky this week that are also craft/sewing related if you would like!   Share posts that have to do with your New Year's goals.  And, of course share any posts you have done that are related to simple living and being frugal!

 




7 comments:

  1. Several things I love about this post: 1 Finish what you started last year. 2 Use the supplies you already have to help you save money. 3 The projects in a bag! Love that! Great goals for 2014. Love your penny lap quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your finish, Marsha! I always like blue and yellow together. Have a wonderful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful quilt. I could use a lap size one today with how cold it is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a good goal to use up your craft supplies before buying more. Your penny patch quilt is so pretty! Bravo for the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the project idea bag s this could work well for other things. I use the bag system for Library days, to keep the kids busy while on trips or where I know we will be sitting for a while, I just pop in things like colored pencils, books, and silly putty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome I sure wish I could d o that kind of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations on starting your year o9ut right with a finish! yay for penny patch. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...