Friday, December 20, 2013

Frugal Friday With Marsha 12/20/13



5 more day until Christmas.....are you ready?   I'm not.
Tomorrow my daughters, and possibly my mom, will be over for confection making day.  I look forward to it.  Hubby has promised to buy my goodie making ingredients for me this evening.

I think that I only need to buy the gift for the exchange at my brother's and one other gift......like I said, I think!
I set up my wrapping station last night and got some of the gifts wrapped and started putting together my Christmas sacks.

I thought to myself----I really don't think it's much, but if I got as much as I am giving to EACH person from everyone put together, I would feel really blessed.

Call me crazy, but I already have my plan and a start on next years Christmas.   I plan to use points once a month from gsn.com to get something.  I used some of my points from neilson home scanner and got a DVD too.    I have solid plans on things to make for gifts as well that I plan on starting on ASAP.

I can't let myself get into this boat again next year.  We are sacrificing on groceries in order to buy gifts!  In a way it's ok as it's forced us to use those leftovers that have been in the freezer as well as get creative with our meals from what is in the cupboard.

If you would like to see some of the gifts that I have made, you can check out my WIP Wednesday post from this week.

I look forward to seeing what you link up this week and how your Christmas is going.

 




6 comments:

  1. We shop year round for Christmas and have found that it really helps! We hit sales all year long. Have fun getting creative with your menu :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marsha, this is I just took it easy on xmas. I figured I deserve the break. Anyhow, start planning is wise. I know someone that will buy winter clearance to save for Xmas gifts. If it is something that's not going out of style, why not.
    I do have a DIY post, and will link-up here, but it won't be out until tomorrow. Have a great night...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand. I need a better plan for Christmas each year. I did better than most years, but I still have some things I'm not sure will arrive in time and things that will be late because I keep putting off making them. I'm not much of a Christmas person although I do like to give to others. It's just that I have to stop procrastinating and get things done early. I should follow in your footsteps and make my to-make list now and start early.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really do wish you better results next year, Marsha. No way would I be buying gifts for anyone over buying groceries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have anything particularly frugal to share, but I don't think its too early at all to start thinking about or working on getting gifts for next year. It is ALWAYS easier to get a little along and not have to sacrafice by dishing out a huge chunk all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In my family nearly all of us agree that we only give token gifts (candles, chocolate, soaps etc) for adults and only the kids get bigger presents and even then we limit it to about $20. The last two years we had no gifts at all for anyone, so everyone here feels amazingly blessed this year to have what we do. We are having the best Christmas ever for the least amount of work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...