Wednesday, November 13, 2013

WIP Wednesday 11/13/13

I have been busy in my craft room this week with lots of sewing.  I would bet I've not done as much sewing as I've done in the past 6 days as I've done in the last 6 months total!

First off, as I went through some of the blogs shared in the linky's I ran across a QAL.
It's a Penny Patch quilt a long.  I decided, hey, I can do this!   You can find all the information at:  http://www.stitchedincolor.com/2013/10/penny-patch-beginners-quilt-along.html 

I am not caught up, but happy with my progress.  I have my 12 blocks completed that include my "pop" color of yellow.
I also have all of my 2 inch squares ready to be sewn for the rest of the penny patch blocks.

 At the monthly sit n' sew evening at the quilt shop I have spent the last 4 months sewing together these rectangle pieces into blocks.  I finally finished what was in the box.  I ended up with 130 blocks.  They are all squared up now and ready to be sewn into something.  I am thinking a couple of lap quilts.
 I am still working on the log cabin blocks as well.   I do have 4 done and put together.  Only 12 more to go to finish the top of my wall hanging.

I have still been working on the same quilt tops now at the monthly sewing club at church.  I did finish the first top.  Actually these blocks were to be all one top.  We give these quilts to the Domestic Violence Center and we decided to make these into 2 quilts instead of 1 huge one.
 This is what was to be the center of the quilt and now it's own top:
 These smaller blocks were to go all around the outside, but I am now making them into their own quilt top.  I am going to use the quilt as you go method.
 

 Last but not least for this week is the toothbrush rug that I am working on.

I am linking up with the following blogs:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedWIPs on Wednesdays

Penny Patch Quilt-Along

1 comment:

  1. I love the blue and yellow quilt. Lots of great projects here!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...