Welcome to Friday! I don't know about for the rest of you, but this week has flown by for me.
I've been working on my crafts around the busy time of Halloween. I've also been doing some coupon shopping. In fact, I even have a couple of photos to share with you this week. I'm not sure why I've not been sharing them here.
In October I have a total coupon savings of $343.11. I thought this was my best coupon savings month this year, but looking back in my calendar I see that I saved $416.92 with coupons in July.
Now, let's move on to sharing from the 99 Cent Solutions book. Last week I started sharing some of the many uses for hair spray. This week I will finish up. Hairspray is such a versatile item.
1. Save your carpet. If you spill nail polish on your carpet, take quick action with hair spray. Spray the mess with water first, then some hair spray. After a few squirts, the nail polish will get tacky and you can blot it off with a paper towel.
2. Zap bugs. Hair spray will kill most bugs just like a bug spray will.
3. Fake Dye. Pick a colored drink like Kool-Aid in a shade that fits your mood, sprinkle it over your hair, then moisten and hold it in place with hair spray.
4. Fur fix. A quick way to remove pet hair from your furniture is to spray a tissue with hair spray and then wipe. The hair will stick to the tissue and you can just toss it into the trash.
5. Preserve shoe polish. After you polish your leather shoes, spray them lightly with hair spray. The shine will last longer.
6. Glue on glitter. If you happen to be out of glue and your child needs glitter on that school project, just spray the surface with hair spray and the glitter will stick like magic.
7. Chalk it up. If you are making chalk lines for that home improvement project, don't let them get smudged. Just spray them with hair spray. Everything will easily wash away when you want it to, but until then it won't disappear.
8. Custom wrap. Coat a sheet or 2 of newspaper comics with hair spray. The paper will then take on a nice sheen, and you will create a wrapped gift that is one-of-a-kind.