Friday, May 4, 2012

Frugal Friday Link Up---Live Below the Line Challenge



For this Frugal Friday I want to talk about the Live Below the Line Challenge.
I am taking part in it through bzzagent.com.
The challenge starts Monday, May 7 and goes through Friday, May 11.

Live Below the Line is a campaign that challenges individuals and communities to eat and drink on just $1.50 per day for 5 days. By exposing participants to a glimpse of some of the daily difficulties experienced by the 1.4 billion people who live in extreme poverty every day, for everything, the campaign provides a unique window into understanding the realities of life for so many.

I feel up to the challenge!  (that might change after a couple of days).  It's fitting for me to post this for Frugal Friday.  How else would you eat and drink on just $1.50 a day if you aren't frugal?


I do feel as I will be cheating somewhat though.   I have my plans made.  I have bought foods and drinks on sale, and many times also with a coupon.


I bought a lot of my foods at Aldi.  Therefore each package of Ramen noodles is just .166 each.    A 2 lb bag of carrots just .99  (I haven't figured out yet how much 1 carrot is but will).
I was able to buy 2 boxes of Barilla whole wheat pasta for .38 each after coupon.  Milk was on sale for just $2 a gallon so I stocked up ahead to have it for that price next week.  Eggs are on sale for just $1 a dozen!


I will be posting what I eat and drink each evening over on gather.com.  Next Friday I plan to place those days here on my blog as well.


Do you think you are up to the challenge??  If you don't think you can live off $1.50 a day yourself, pass on the information and the Live Below the Line website to friends and family who you think will be up for it. Be sure to tell them to choose the BzzAgent network from the drop down menu on the Live Below the Line sign-up page so we know your Bzz is working!

I encourage you to please visit my profile page for the challenge as well.  It will open in a new window.  I am supporting The Global Poverty Project.
https://www.livebelowtheline.com/me/marsha32


Thanks so much for reading, please do leave me your thoughts.....and don't forget to link up below.  Linky remains open all week.

 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...