Wednesday, July 20, 2011

WIP Wednesday 7/20/11

Good Wednesday to all.  I've tried to keep with my promise to myself and work on crafts each day.  So much I want to do, but so little time around housekeeping, church activities, company in town, getting ready for our wedding, my other earning online...and the other usual things that take me away from home.

I've been working on an order for 12 washcloths, that is moving right along.
I was looking at this quilt that I have already listed in my etsy store.  OMG!  The binding on it looks like you know what.  So, new project....ripping the binding off and hopefully getting it right this time.  I've seen some tutorials on blogs going through these hops, so I think I understand now the real way to put the binding on!
 Lastly this week, I started a jelly roll quilt of my own.  First of all, my strips were already cut to 2 inches instead of 2 1/2 inches.  Secondly, I didn't have near as many strips as I thought I had.  I ended up with about 1450 inches.  Looks like it's going to end up being a lap quilt, but I'm ok with that as I don't have any of these in my etsy shop yet.   I am rounding up what material I can to get another started.....and I have gingham prints from church to start another for church as well.
 I am hooking up with the following 3 blog hops.  Click each button to hop along and/or see what others are up to!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with the binding. That is my downfall to. Can't wait to see the progress on your jelly roll quilt, and congrats on your washcloth order!
    ~Kimberlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Redoing that binding doesn't sound like fun at all. Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots and lots of washcloth's but what fun - crafting everyday is my goal but other things do take precedence at times.
    I don't even try with my sewing unless for some reason I am very patient which isn't that often when it comes to sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on the re-doing the binding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that's a lot of washcloths! And a lot of re-binding. Hopefully both turn out well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative, Marsha. Thanks for linking up at the creation blog hop. Shah. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the colors you chose for the washcloths.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...