Friday, July 29, 2011

Frugal Friday Link Up 7/29/11

I decided to change the title...maybe more will realize this is a linky post each week and come and share with us?

I told last week about my wedding, so this week I will add more on that. There have been some developments....mostly my oldest daughter bought me a beautiful wedding gown at a yard sale for just $30. It's a dream dress so the wedding got stepped up a bit.

We are now going to be using the candleabras at church as well as buying 2 dozen roses for the altar. The roses are on sale for $10 for 2 dozen so you sure can't beat that!

I also went and bought myself just a basic veil for $6. We still have to buy Steve's wedding band good batteries for my camera, and hopefully a guestbook.

We fancied up the reception area a bit more too. That didn't cost anymore money, but may cost if I have to have the tableclothes we are borrowing from church pressed.

I am planning on doing a whole Wedding on the Cheap post at some point. However, no matter how you stack it, a wedding is not cheap. At least not if you are struggling to even buy groceries like we are.


Moving on, here are a few more items from the 99 Cent Solutions book. I'm still sharing about baking soda.
1. Make a stovetop sparkle. Cooked on food stains are hard to remove. Dampen the stains and then sprinkle on some baking soda. Scrub with a sponge and the stains will lift right off. Far faster, more effective and more environmentally friendly. This also works well on the greasy dirty black build up on the edges of other kitchen appliances.

2. Salvage a burned pot. Scrape out as much food as you can and then fill the pan a quarter full with water. Pour in 1/2 cup of baking soda and bring the pot to a boil. Turn it off and let it sit overnight. In the morning you can clean off the black stuff with ease.

3. Keep garbage cans fresh. Sprinkle a dollop of baking soda in the can before putting in the new liner. When you take the trash out, dump any dry soda still left in there and add more before the new bag. You've got a natural deodorizer right where you need it most.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...