Friday, November 26, 2010

Walgreen's--Black Friday Sales and Jingle Cash

(yes, I feel I went overboard, but would have liked to have bought it all!!)

Well....I spent a lot of time yesterday trying to find coupons to match the sales at Walgreen's.  As usual, I didn't find all I wanted to, and some that were printable had already reached their limit.
I made a list.......then realized I didn't have time to go yesterday.  I didn't stick to the list, adding in extras as I seen them.  I couldn't help it knowing how much Jingle Cash I would be getting back.

I woke up this morning and asked Steve to take me.  On the way there I asked him how many of the things I wanted to get did he think they would be out of?  He guessed probably most of them and so did I.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that for a change, they were actually stocked up!  In fact, they had all the free after Jingle Cash (what they are calling the register rewards for the holidays) on one end cap.  The .99 cent items after Jingle Cash were all on another end cap.

Anyway here is what I got:
Gillette Fusion Pro-Series Skin Care--$5.49 with $5.50 back in Jingle Cash (referred to as JC throughout the rest of this post)
Nivea For Men Shave Gel--$2.99 with $3 back in JC  (this is one I couldn't get the coupon for)
A&W Root Beer 2 ltr.  on sale for .99 with .99 back in JC
Old Spice Fresh Collection Body Spray--$3.99 with $4 back in JC  (another one I couldn't find the buy 1 get 1 free coupon they said was out)
Secret Scent Sensations Body Splash--$3.49 with $3.50 back in JC
Scunci Hair Elastics  $1.99 with $2 back in JC
Just for Men 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner--$4.99, used $2 coupon and got back $5 in JC
Gum Eez-Thru Flossers 90 pack (my pack is bonus of 120)  $2.25, used .75 coupon and got back $2.25 in JC
Advil PM 4 ct--.99 and got back .99 JC
Thermacare Heat Wraps--$2.49, used $1 coupon, got back $2.50 in JC
Olay Body Wash--$3.49, used $1 coupon, got back $2.50 in JC
Cover Girl Mascara $3.99, used $1 coupon, got back $2 in JC
Bic Soleil Disposable razors--$2.99, used $2 coupon and got back $2 in JC
Noxema skin care scrub--$3.99, got back $3 in JC
Right Guard Total Defense--$2.99--used buy 1 get 1 free coupon to get an extra one free, got back $2 in JC
I also bought a Nivea for Men Body wash and Nivea for Women Body wash.  I had a rain check from a previous sale of 2 for $5.  I then used a $3 coupon and a $2 coupon making them free.


So....yikes!  My total was $44.87 after using $15.74 in coupons. I use the $10 gift card I had gotten in from mypoints.  I paid the rest of out of my paypal.    $4.52 of my total was sales tax.

I now have a total of 15 Jingle Cash's, totaling a value of $41.23. 
This is going to be a challenge to use these.  Those who use RR's know that the ones from the Proctor and Gamble products don't allow you to use them on P&G products.  Plus, they have to be used by Dec. 10 when they expire.

So, I am now on a mission to get all my coupons cut and filed.  Then I will watch for what is on sale and what I can get the best deals with, hopefully not paying much more than the sales tax, and getting back more to spend later.  When I said back in business with Walgreen's, that is what I meant....to be able to keep turning them in to more while getting great deals along the way.


Earlier this week Steve and I went to Walgreen's and bought the 6 ft. Pre-Lit Christmas tree that is on sale for $19.99.  We also bought the wrapping paper on sale buy one roll for $1.99 get 2 rolls free.   I put the tree up today.  It's nice to have a bit of a larger one than the 3 ft one we borrowed last year from his sister.  It's a skinny tree, so I found a corner to fit it in.

P.S.  The majority of what I bought will be included in with Christmas gifts that I give.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...